‘Diamantes en bruto’ is our eight-title cycle dedicated to the ‘mumblecore’ genre, that will be screened at Centre del Carme from 24 June to 2 July. This independent film genre was born in the USA and was made up of low-budget films whose protagonists later began to become more and more popular.
The selection will give viewers a chance to get to know the main features of the fresh, unprejudiced movement, which featured frequently improvised dialogue and imperfect execution.
Greta Herwig and Adam Driver, stars of the iconic ‘Frances Ha’, Michelle Williams in ‘Wendy and Lucy’ or Adam Sandler in ‘Uncut gems’, the title that gives its name to this cycle, are some of the well-known actors and actresses that you can identify.
These are the films that make up the ‘Diamantes en bruto’ cycle:
– Una chica de Brooklyn – Desiree Akhavan (2014)
– Diamantes en bruto – Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie (2019)
– Tú y yo y todos los demás – Miranda July (2005)
– Clerks – Kevin Smith (1994)
– Frances Ha – Noah Baumbach (2012)
– Hump Day – Lynn Shelton (2009)
– Wendy and Lucy – Kelly Reichardt (2008)
– Funny Ha Ha – Andrew Bujalski (2002)